Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Homemade Croutons

My children love to eat croutons, not only on their salads but also for a snack. I love finding day old bread on sale really cheap. This makes the croutons taste all the better when you know you can make them for a steal.

Cut your bread into cubes and separate into your family's sized portions. Place in freezer bags and put in the freezer. Take the cubes out of the freezer and toss with olive oil, melted butter and garlic powder. Sometimes I add some grated Parmesan cheese and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375* for 15 min. Cool and serve.

I take these with me to the grocery store if I have to bring the kids. They always hold them over enough to get out of the store with out any unplanned buys. Sometimes I take the leftovers and crush them for breading on chicken or pork chops. Super easy and a lot easier than the store brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment