Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekly Freezer Cooking Session

I'm still getting my feet wet in freezer cooking but here is how I made out today.

I started by mixing a big batch of pancake mix for my kiddos in the morning. These are great for those mornings that come to early. I make these in the morning when I make the kids breakfast so I don't count them in my routine. Once the kids are eating and all the pancakes are made and cooling on the racks I flash freeze them. To do this you pop them in the freezer for 30 min. Then take them out and put them in freezer bags to store. When your ready to cook them put them into the toaster or microwave oven for 1 min for 4 pancakes. Breakfast has never been easier and the clean-up is done all at once when they get cooked.

My big meals for this week is Homemade Sloppy Joes, Homemade Croutons, and Easy Chicken Quesadillias.

Placed all my chicken breasts (about 6 pounds) in a cooking dish and baked in the over for 45 min at 375*.

Brown all my hamburger (about 6 pounds)  and 2 med onions in  a pan and drain good. Add rest of ingredients to  pan and simmer for 5 min. Separate into portions for your size family and freeze.

Take bread and cut into crouton cubes. Place batch sizes into freezer bags and put into freezer for when your ready for them.

Take chicken out of oven and cube. Mix chicken with chillies and cheese in a large bowl. Separate into portions for your family size and freeze.

Just over 1 hour cooking for dinners. Made 6 meals worth of sloppy joes, 6 meals worth of chicken quesadillas, and 4 batches of croutons. Also made 18 pancakes for the freezer this morning while making breakfast for the kids. Love the thought of freezer meals that are a lot healthier than those store bought pre-made meals!

What did you make for your freezer today?

No comments:

Post a Comment