Wednesday, June 22, 2011

1 Hour Freezer Cooking Session

This past Saturday I held a Velveeta Cheesy Skillet House Party. Let me first start out by saying this was amazing!
The kit they sent came with:
4 different boxes of the Velveeta cheesy skillet
a $5 Walmart Gift Card for meat and supplies
16 reusable yellow Velveeta shopping bags
16 dry erase magnets
16 dry erase pens
16 $1 off coupons

I had a yard full of friends playing games and having a great time. Once supper was done, it was served buffet style outside. The pans were so clean I almost didn't have to clean them.

I thought I could make those meals on my own. Which brings me to my freezer cooking session. I basically started with my 10 pounds of chicken breasts in the oven for shredded chicken. I browned 10 pounds of hamburger, for homemade Sloppy Joe's and my version of the Velveeta cheesy skillets. Next I prepped a batch of croutons since the oven was still on. Cut up a loaf of Texas toast into strips for french toast sticks. Dipped the sticks in the egg wash and began cooking. Took out the croutons and put aside to cool. Finished up with the hamburger and drained it. Finished with french toast sticks and flash froze for 30 min. Made Sloppy Joe's sauce and mixed with half of the browned hamburger. Took chicken out of oven to cool. Separated remaining hamburger and froze. Cool Sloppy Joe's, portion and freeze. Shred chicken, portion freeze. Wrap up french toast sticks and freeze. Place croutons in an air tight container and store.

All in all it took me and hour and twenty min but I was able to make:
60 french toast sticks
4 meals of Sloppy Joe's
4 meals of browned hamburger
8 meals worth of shredded chicken
1 batch of croutons

No comments:

Post a Comment