Monday, May 30, 2011

Craft Day

Since today was Memorial Day, we did our crafting yesterday. This week we made cool vests to add to our dress-up/ costume box. I love being able to take something most people would throw out, into a very practical everyday item my kids can enjoy.

 It's not often I come across paper bags but when I do there is always something we can use them for. We cut the bag down the middle seam to the bottom of the bag. Next you make a cut in the bottom of the bag, keeping in mind this is for the child's head and neck. We used a round bowl to make the arm holes on the sides of the bag. Remember they don't need a lot of space between the neck and arm. Once we had our vest cut out, it was time to decorate it. My kids are big fans of paints so we painted ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment